Monday, January 30, 2012

CHD Awareness Month

February is CHD Awareness Month, with Feb. 7-14th being CHD Awareness Week.

Of course, if you are reading this blog and keep up with all of the Lu updates, then you already know about Congenital Heart Defects. Most of you even know about how common CHD is and that it affects about 1 in every 100 children born in the U.S., and even more in other countries. But how many of you knew about CHD before you learned about Lu or had a close friend or family member who was affected by CHD? The nurses on the pediatric floor, when Lu was first admitted to the hospital for a misdiagnosis of pneumonia, didn't even know about CHD. That should tell you how important awareness is. Information is key when it comes to our children, especially when you are dealing with the #1 birth defect.

Before Lu was diagnosed, I had never even heard the words "Congenital Heart Defect," nor did I know how extremely common it was. As a person who worked with babies and children for a living, and someone who was planning on having children, I should have known more about CHD. I should have known about the signs and symptoms and I should have known how prevalent it was. I should have known that, every year, approximately 4,000 babies will not live to see their first birthday because of Congenital Heart Defects and when I got pregnant, my care provider should have told me about Pulse Ox Testing.

This is why we take awareness so seriously; because people like Cora's mom didn't find out about CHD until it was too late.

So please help us raise CHD awareness. Your knowledge and the choice to share it could save a life.


This is what we are doing to help Little Lu spread awareness:

- Feb. 4th is the Pediatric Heart Foundation 5K run/Walk in Boca Raton, FL. Here is a link to the Facebook event. Little Lu's Crew will be participating and you can join our team or donate by visiting this LINK. We would also appreciate it, if you could share our team page through email or on your Facebook.

- Sharing videos, pictures, stories, and informational links on Facebook is a huge way to spread the knowledge. Keep an eye out for this stuff on Lu's new Facebook page and feel free to share any information that interests you. Here are two links to CHD videos of Little Lu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87ZvdrjWNlA and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93LCeRnJ4ys Please share! This is how potentially life-saving information spreads! Thank you!

- For the month of February (or the week of Feb. 7-14), Lu supporters and some of the CHD community are changing our Facebook profile pictures to this logo (which was designed by Lu's daddy):



We thank you for all of your support and don't forget to share Lu's blog, especially the CHD Information page! <3







3 comments:

  1. We thank you for all of your support and don't forget to share Lu's blog, especially the CHD Information page! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Am jeremiah, I am testifying about a great hebal man that cured my wife of hepatitis B and liver cirhosis. his name is Dr oniha. My wife was diagnose of hepatities two years ago, i almost spent all i had then, until i saw dr oniha recommendation online, and i call him, then he told me how to get the herb. You can call him on +2347089275769 or email him at dronihaspell@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, fatigue, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete